Saturday, January 5, 2013

New York Hospitality 


One of the nice things about doing Venetian Plasters is the places I have been and the people I have met.  I took this picture last year heading to work one morning in Manhattan New York.  People have always said how rude New Yorkers are but have never found that to be the case. I've been about a dozen times and each time was a wonderful experience. 
Below is a shot standing outside of the penthouse I was plastering. 




There is nothing like a NY deli. And the Pizza's were outstanding. Standing outside on the street watching the people walk by I was surprised how many people had dogs in Manhattan. I could of people watched all day long but would not have gotten much work done.




Here we are plastering the penthouse. It is nice to be able to leave something that will be enjoyed for many years. And maybe every time the homeowner has some guest come over and they touch the walls he tells them about this guy from Atlanta who came and did this. Every person I met wanted to take me to a new restaurant, their favorite. We always hear about southern hospitality and never New York hospitality. I can tell you I do not see much difference. Except maybe we talk a little slower in the south...




No comments: